Why to choose Croatia Shuttle for taxi ride from Split to Dubrovnik:
- Fixed price starting from 199 EUR for car and 219EUR for minivan (up to 8 pax)
- No hidden costs (road tolls, VAT, surcharges included)
- Free stops for picture taking or short break
- Free wifi service
- Free bottle of water
- English speaking driver
- Free baby seats and boosters
- Detour option such as Ston, winery, Neretva valley, Dupci....
- Reliable company ranked number 1 on TripAdvisor
- UBER (average price for car is around 250EUR, for minivan 350 EUR minimum, in high season prices go up 1,5x-2x)
- Regular taxi – starting price 250 EUR plus road tolls, in high season price goes up
Private car transfer from Split to Dubrovnik (and opposite) usually takes around 3-3,5h for direct transfers. Please note that there is a mandatory border crossing with Bosnia and Herzegovina (15km we drive inside BiH), it is enough to have your ID or passport. If you are not sure if your country needs visa, send us an inquiry.
We do only private taxi transfers from Split to Dubrovnik and we are not obligaded to wait in the same line like minibuses which prolongs border crossing. Average time to pass Bosnia border is around 15-20min, but weekends in high season can take more time.
On transfers from Split to Dubrovnik you have option of choosing 2 routes:
- Coastal road with amazing view on sea and islands and couple of excellent picture stops if you want
- Inland partial highway which is around 20min quicker (it goes only up to Ploce from Split direction)
If you are interested in some detours, possibilites are next:
- Ston for sightseeing and (possible) lunch – famous city also called small Dubrovnik due to its walls built in 1358 and length is around 5,5km. Ston is also famous for oldest saltworks in Europe which same method of salt harvesting has been passed for more than 4000 years.
- Winery visit – Peljesac wines are considered to be one of the finest in Croatia, especially sorts such as Dingac, Plavac mali, Postup... Tour is organized in one of the most famous wineries, Milos winery, voted 2018 for best winery.
- Neretva valley – excellent place for picture break, divided in a patch of of fruit groves, crops and canals. 10 min stop can be organizeed at one of several points where locals sell their fruits and vegetables plus you can take pictures with valley in the background. This stop is free of charge.
- Vruja (Dupci) – if you decide to take coastal transfer from Split to Dubrovnik, Vruja is one of the best picture stops. Situated half way between Omis and Makarska, it is placed on foot of Biokovo mountain overlooking to the sea where is underwater source of Cetina River. Stop for 5-10 min is free.
Some of the best fish restaurants are located in Mali Ston, part of Ston bay with clearest water (oysters and shell are category A which means they can directlt be eaten withour purification proces). Most known restaurants are Kapetanova kuca and Bota Sare.
Fee for detour and waiting time 1,5h is 27 EUR (for example day tours from Dubrovnik to Ston go up to 200 EUR).
Fee for detour and waiting time is 34EUR (22EUR if combined with Ston) while wineries charge 6-7 EUR for wine tasting and winery guidance.
All mentioned detours and stops are available also when doing transfer from Dubrovnik to Split by car.